Tuesday 19 April 2011

Metaphor for teaching Grammar - Salbiah

          Teaching grammar for me is like preparing a great and delicious dish which needs appropriate and adequate ingredients, proper methods, appetizing and attractive garnishing.  It needs basic ingredients such as onions, garlic, chillies, lemon grass, ginger and spices.  My role is to mix all the ingredients, stir them well and thoroughly until they are blend niecely with each other.  Then I add in other stuffs and flavours like salt, pepper, soy sauce sugar or msg to enhance the taste I want.  When the dish is well-cooked I will give garnishing to make it looks appetizing, irresistible and full of colours.
          I believe that should be given ample basic skills and provide them with appropriate and adequate knpwledge on grammar components.  the basic skills and knowledge are the importants ingredients in learning grammar.  therefore, I should be more creaitve in my approaches, strategies, techniques and methods so as to see my pupils learn grammar with less threatening and feel motivated.  At the end of the day, the pupils are like my dish, which is beautifully blended and mixed together.  They will mastered the grammar and the language successfully as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment